Thermal Ribbon Price Estimator
for Armor Brand Ribbons
If you can't find the specific printer ribbon size you need on the ribbon pricing pages located on the left, in the QUICK LINKS PRICING section, you can estimate the price as follows:
1. Convert ribbon dimensions to inches (length and width).
2. Multiply total ribbon length x width to get total square inches.
3. Divide the total square inches by 1000 (this gives you a measure known as MSI).
4. Multiply the MSI number from step 3 by the price shown in the table below.
5. If Monarch Ribbons, add $1.50/ribbon for the special core
Example: How much would a color wax ribbon 4.25 inches wide and 1181 ft. long on a 1 inch core cost?
4.25 inches x (1181 x 12 inches) = 60231 sq. in. / 1000 = 60.2 MSI x $.43 = $25.90
Ribbon prices are based on the purchase of at least 24 ribbons in FULL case quantities. Price does not include shipping and handling.
|Type of ribbon||1 inch I.D. core||0.5 inch I.D. core|
If you have any questions about how to use the above calculator or need any additional information on estimating ribbon cost please contact us.